If you’re looking for a Spring Brunch centerpiece that is simple and pretty, this tutorial is for you!
Planting spring grass is one of our favorite ways to bring the feeling of spring indoors, and it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. (And those little sprouts show up FAST—you’ll see little green sprouts popping up within two days!)
Here’s What You’ll Need:-Various Containers (Pots, Urns, Bowls, Etc.)
-Hard Red Wheat Berries (You can find these in almost any grocery store—I use Bob’s Red Mill Hard Red Wheat Spring Berries)
Here’s How To Do It:
- Fill your container with potting soil
- Sprinkle a thick, even layer of wheat berries on the top of the soil
- Cover the wheat berries with a thin layer of dirt—just enough to cover them up
- Thoroughly water the wheat berries
- If some wheat berries pop out of the soil when you are watering, just add another thin layer of dirt to cover them up
- You should start to see sprouts within TWO DAYS! It’s so exciting!
It’s always fun to see quick results and with this little project, I feel like you are just watching the grass grow right before your eyes! Within 3-4 days, this is how tall it will be.
It looks perfect on it’s own, or for the Easter holiday, it also looks really cute with a few eggs placed on top. Happy Spring!