Today I wanted to share a sweet and thoughtful little gift idea for Valentine’s Day. These heart garlands are the perfect way to let one of your ‘loves’ know how much they mean to you.
They would work perfectly for one of your little kiddos, for your spouse, for a parent or grandparent, or for a dear friend. They would also make a thoughtful class gift for a favorite teacher.
The key to making this gift special, is writing down a few special memories you have of this person . . . specific things that you love about them.
For example, when we did this as a teacher gift, the children from the class wrote things like:
“I love that you made us hot cocoa on that really snowy day.”
“I like that you read us Wonder every afternoon.”
“I am glad that you helped me when I hurt my foot at recess.”
Here’s what you’ll need:
-pages from an old, discarded book
-sewing machine (or you can hand sew with needle + thread)
-hand written or typed memories
Here’s how to do it:
- Write or type a few memories onto small slips of paper
- Tear pages out from an old, discarded book
- Make heart template + trace onto page
- Cut hearts out + then arrange in desired pattern (heart, heart, memory, heart, etc.)
- Sew through the center of hearts + memories with a loose stitch
- To make it easy to hang up, sew a little loop of bakers twine to the top heart
A simple and perfectly personalized little gift for that person who makes your world a little brighter!