Aside from selling and sharing our favorites in nursery decor, we also love to inspire. While we often like to post about our favorite side tables or the most recent nursery we designed, we also love to shed some light on new brands and technologies we come across in our research and renovations. So if you’re about to embark on a remodel, or just want to make an easy and affordable upgrade to your little one’s nursery, we wanted to take a moment to share one of our favorite brands with you: Metroflor.
Pretty much everyone agrees that while wood floors are beautiful, they tend to be pretty pricey (and they aren’t always convenient for baby and toddler rooms). Metroflor makes gorgeous vinyl flooring that looks just like wood. There are so many things we love about this alternative, and we wanted to lay them out for you here.
Why we love these floors:
- They are 100% waterproof. Yes, you read that correctly. If you have babies, toddlers or pets, this is the floor for you. The surface is waterproof, and even the layers underneath the surface are protected from the growth of odors, mold and mildew. Not only are these floors gorgeous, but they are safe and family-friendly.
- If you have the floors installed upstairs, the layers underneath the floor have good sound insulation to make things quieter on the ground floor. That means your kids can play upstairs and you can enjoy some quiet time down below!
- The flooring has amazing dent resistance qualities, so if you install it somewhere where you may potentially drop a heavy item on it, like in the kitchen, the floor won’t get dented or destroyed.
- It’s also scratch resistant (good for families with pets)
- It’s super easy to install!
We have used Metroflor’s Engage Genesis flooring in a few of our room designs, so we’ve been able to test it out for you and we give it two thumbs up.
Stay tuned for an exciting GIVEAWAY coming to Oilo Studio soon!